Insurance including Health, Dental, and Life, 401(K) with company match, Paid vacation and Holiday Pay
Altus Infusion provides IV-therapy to patients with auto-immune diseases which include Rheumatoid Arthritis, Lupus, and Psoriatic Arthritis. Nurse will need to reconstitute medication and do drug calculations; offer assistance as needed in any other capacity according to established procedures.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Direct patient care
- Performs all duties with efficiency and speed
- Ensure patient’s emotional, physical and psychological needs are met
- Ensure that proper techniques and practices are used according to accepted standards of practice
- Ensures care of patient through proper identification, checking of chart, and reporting of changes in condition
- Assists in control and maintenance of supplies and equipment
- Documents all nursing care provided concisely and accurately
- Performs other nursing duties as assigned
- Maintains confidentiality of patient and company related business
- Develops and maintains an effective working relationship with patients, families, visitors and other company employees
- Participates in Quality Assessment activities as directed for the continuous improvement of patient care and company business
- Completes additional administrative work to see patients are infused properly
Performs other duties as assigned 5% of the time. LPN or RN may be required to carry a cell phone for patient contact.
- Licensed professional who specializes in infusion therapy and the administration of biologics and other necessary medications, intravenously.
- IV experience is mandatory and ER-ICU experience is preferred.
- Must have at least 5-7 years’ experience in a hospital setting.
- Subject to license verification, criminal background check and drug screening.
Flexible hours Monday – Friday.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE, SKILLS:
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional
- BLS and ACLS certified
- Licensed to practice in the state of Florida
- Compliance with continuing and mandatory education
- Practices nursing within the scope of the Nurse Practice Act of Texas and accepts responsibility and accountability for own
- Ability to respond quickly, physically and mentally when priorities and/or the patient’s condition
- Possesses appropriate communication skills to practice collaborative nursing.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Monday-Friday schedule (8a-5p)
- No nights/weekends
- Paid Holidays