Altus Infusion- Medical Scheduler Position
- Answering inbound calls to schedule infusion appointments
- Making outbound calls to schedule infusion appointments
- Triage calls appropriately and return voice messages/emails in 24 hours or less
- Confirm patient insurance and demographic information
- Maintain open communication with operational team members
- Maintain professional, pleasant demeanor at all times when interacting with patients, clients, and co-workers.
- Display excellent customer service, treating each patient like family, and showing respect to all callers
- Ensuring that patient calls are answered timely with a professional and pleasant demeanor
- Placing outbound calls to schedule or reschedule patients as identified with professional and pleasant demeanor
- Documenting all actions taken in EMR system, including pertinent notes
- Timely responses to emails, calls, or voicemail from both clinical staff and patients in 24 hours or less
- Ability to work cooperatively in a team environment, with both internal and external team members, with clients and the patients they serve
- Ability to handle a high call volume and multi-task
Additional Duties and Expectations:
- Follow all corporate, local, state and federal guidelines, including HIPAA and protecting patient confidentiality.
- Treat each patient as if they were a family member and take ownership of responsibilities.
- Ability to read and interpret written and verbal communication such as procedure manuals, insurance verification forms, insurance verification calls, insurance pre-determination and authorization forms. Ability to write correspondence and complete forms.
- Ability to speak professionally, pleasantly, and effectively to patients and coworkers.
- Ability to communicate in a high-pressure environment. Forms of communication may include verbal, written, and non-verbal, via the use of facsimile, email, phone and person to person.
- Ability to apply concepts of basic mathematics.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to manage multiple patients for multiple accounts.
- Possess good interpersonal skills.
- Adaptability/open mind to changes.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.