FT – Medical Assistant – Chattanooga, TN
Chattanooga, TN, USA Req #193
Friday, January 17, 2020
Altus Infusion is dedicated to Treating Each Patient Like Family through its management of the administrative aspects of our physician’s biologic therapy practices. We have a team environment that is filled with motivated, hard-working, and joyful employees ready to help our physicians and patients. Our clinical professionals are experienced and achieve desired results. Altus Infusion not only fosters opportunities for development, but also could provide you a real chance to make a difference in the lives of these patients.
Our medical assistants work closely with the physician or the supervising RN to provide IV & Injection therapy to patients with autoimmune diseases in an in-office setting. The Medical Assistant will assist in the documentation of activities including daily/monthly reports and patient record processing.
Duties & Responsibilities
- – Assists in controlling patient flow, explaining clinical procedures, and prepares patient for medical exams
– Accurately records patient information in the electronic medical record (EMR) for visits, including but not limited to the following; vitals, past and current medical, social and family history, reviews medications and updates medication lists.
- – Assists with scheduling future appointments for patients
- – Assist with ordering of medical supplies and/or medication
- High School Diploma or GED required
- One year of experience in a medical office setting (front and back office) required
- Graduated from a CAAHEP or ABHES accredited school with certificate of completion from Medical Assistant, Medical Technology Program
- Certification through AMMA is preferred but not required
- BLS certified
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
Why work at Altus Infusion?
- Competitive Salary
- Daytime Hours
- Weekends Off
- Diverse Workforce
- One-on-One Patient Care
- Corporate & On-The-Job training
- Health Benefits
- Retirement Plan