Corporate Clinical Educator
Houston, TX, USA Req #192
Thursday, January 16, 2020
Responsible the training of all new nurses and/or medical assistants to provide best-practice clinical training in both the classroom setting and assigned practice setting. The Corporate Clinical Nurse Educator will be knowledgeable in all aspects of clinical and operational management of infusion suites. Instrumental in the on-going assessment and development of clinical education.
Duties & Responsibilities
New Hire Education
- Conducts new hire training classes for clinicians and evaluates competencies of new hires.
- Develops on-going educational plan for new hires during on-site mentoring by clinical educators.
- Reviews weekly feedback from on-site mentors and adjusts training plan as needed.
Training and On-Going Education
- Introduces new therapies, drug protocols, and products to clinical department (provides initial and on-going training).
- Evaluate new supplies and equipment that will lead to better patient outcomes.
- Corporate Clinical Educator will be on-site trainer for second week of orientation at new hire assigned sites.
- Assists in establishing written SOP’s, maintaining and updating SOP’s with a yearly review or as needed with PI changes
- Ensures nursing annual competencies are completed and are added to personnel files.
- Maintain all Order Templates in AIMS
- Manage all Order Template requests from the clinical team
- Provide on-going clinical education to the entire team- new process, updates, new initiatives
- Create User Guides for AIMS, clinical process, resources, and new initiatives
- Create Video Resources to aid in clinical performance improvement initiatives
- Coordinate with RCD’s, HR, and IT to ensure all new hires have the proper access in week 1
- Assign AIMS testing to clinical team and educators as needed
- Partner with Implementation to enhance and/or create educational material and AIMS User Guides.
- Provide written post training feedback to appropriate RCD and/or Director of Nursing in a timely manner
- Evaluate and update Site Audit Tool and its use in the field to improve quality and education outcomes
- Educators will be involved with quarterly audit meetings and develop education plans to assist CD’s in communicating with MD’s and staff on how to avoid potential issues with payments or red flags for Medicare.
- Clinical Nurse Educator/Clinical Director will monitor all site incident reports for assigned territory and provide quarterly report to VP Clinical Operations on findings and trends
- Clinical Nurse Educator will travel within assigned territory 80% of the time and will require overnight stays.
- Clinical nurse educator may have direct patient contact and infuse patients as needed.
- Performs other duties as directed by supervisor.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- RN diploma, Associate’s, or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Minimum of 2 years of infusion experience and 1 year in a leadership role (AIC, physician office infusion suite, oncology suite, home infusion preferred).
- Deep understanding of in-office infusion suite clinical and operational processes
- Knowledgeable about infusion suite standards NICA, INS, CDC, and other regulatory bodies
- Ability to work cross functionally across all departments
- Understand and implement multiple learning opportunities (live, webinar, written and oral)
- Current licensure as a RN in appropriate state of practice.
- Travel required minimum 75% of your time
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Excellent PIV and Central Line Access and Management skills.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Why work at Altus Infusion?
- Competitive Salary
- Daytime Hours
- Weekends Off
- Diverse Workforce
- One-on-One Patient Care
- Corporate & On-The-Job training
- Health Benefits
- Retirement Plan