Clinical Site Educator/Auditor – Houston, TX
Houston, TX, USA Req #271
Monday, March 23, 2020
Responsible the training of all new nurses and/or medical assistants to provide best-practice clinical training in both the classroom setting and assigned practice setting. The Clinical Nurse Educator will be knowledgeable in all aspects of clinical and operational management of infusion suites. Instrumental in the on-going assessment and development of clinical education. Oversees the compliance and safety of all staff and patients in the clinical setting and contributes to the success of workflow within the clinical operations setting. The auditor role will ensure compliance with established federal, state, and local regulations and organizational policy and procedure.
Duties & Responsibilities
- New Hire Education
o Provides weekly update to CD and Director of Education on progress of new hire and final report for on-going educational support needs.
o Clinical Educator will be on-site trainer for second week of orientation at new hire assigned sites.
- Training and On-Going Education
o Conducts education staff meetings related to compliance related issues as identified and plan of correction.
o Introduces new therapies, drug protocols, and products to clinical department (provides initial and on-going training).
o Serve as Clinical support for Clinical Help Desk line during assigned schedule.
o Clinical Auditor will complete site audits on all assigned sites in territory no less than two times per year.
o Prepares corrective plan of action for site deficiencies and communicates plan to CD.
o Clinical Educator will monitor all site incident reports for assigned territory and provide quarterly report to Clinical Director on findings and trends
o Educators will be involved with quarterly audit meetings and develop education plans to assist Clinical Educator’s in communicating with MD’s and staff on how to avoid potential issues with payments or red flags for Medicare.
o Clinical Nurse Educator and CD in conjunction with other departments will develop specific account plans as needed to ensure continued growth and facilitate corrective plans of action.
- Clinical Nurse Educator will travel within assigned territory 80% of the time and will require overnight stays.
- Clinical nurse educator will have direct patient contact and infuse patients as needed.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- RN diploma, Associate’s, or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited school of nursing.
- Preferred one to three years’ experience with infusion therapy and understanding of workflow
- Strong interpersonal skills, able to work with staff at all levels
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Travel required minimum 80% of your time
- Must be able to schedule travel in the most efficient and effective manner to maximize time
- Current licensure as a RN in appropriate state of practice.
- May need to obtain additional state licensure outside of compact state licensure
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
- Excellent PIV and Central Line Access and Management skills.
- Excellent Customer Service Skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Why work at Altus Infusion?
- Competitive Salary
- Daytime Hours
- Weekends Off
- Diverse Workforce
- One-on-One Patient Care
- Corporate & On-The-Job training
- Health Benefits
- Retirement Plan