Clinical Director – San Antonio, TX
San Antonio, TX, USA Req #190
Wednesday, January 15, 2020
Responsible for managing new site implementation, oversight and day to day activities, overall performance and results of a designated team of infusion clinicians in assigned region providing sound clinical and fiscal direction for Altus Infusion. Oversees the compliance and safety of all staff and patients in the clinical setting and contributes to the success of workflow within the clinical operations setting. In conjunction with client services develop strategic plans to grow site revenue and increase client/patient satisfaction. As part of the clinical leadership team responsible for communicating and implementing processes, programs and policies and procedures that support the strategic direction of the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment and Selection
· Clinical Director acts as lead for recruitment and selection of new and/or replacement site nurses in the Clinical Director’s assigned territory.
· Clinical Director is responsible to work with recruiters, as well as take an active role in sourcing internal and external candidates through natural market interactions (Linked-In, etc.)
· Clinical Director’s ensures interview process is progressing in a timely manner and ensures we have viable candidates for any open positions within assigned territory.
Training, Coaching, Mentoring
· Ensures site nurse effectiveness through 1:1 coaching and mentoring
· Clinical Director will coordinate all new hire training with Director of Education (ensuring all pre-work is completed prior to arrival for new hire training)
· Clinical Director to act as lead mentor to promote solid relationships within all departments to support exceptional customer service and revenue growth
· Serve as internal/external expert resource to the sites
Client Relationship Management
· Clinical Director in conjunction with other departments with develop specific account plans as needed to ensure continued growth and facilitate corrective plans of action.
· Attend site implementation meeting presenting clinical aspects as outlined in implementation handbook in assigned territories.
· Works with VP of Clinical Operations to find solutions for site/regional concerns issues
· Facilitate implementation of organizational initiatives
· Collaborate and coordinate efforts with other departments to ensure consistent direction to site clinicians and support in meeting company goals and objectives.
· Collaborate with Client Services to assist in meeting their business and clinical objectives – supporting/maximizing current business activities, future growth and provision of quality patient care.
· Acts as clinical expert for new site implementation and client face to face meet
· Assess and investigate any patient/client concerns and bring with resolution.
· Supports the implementation of leadership decisions that affect nursing practice.
· Collaborates with clinical education to develop educational programs for new or changes to nursing practice.
· Ensures budgetary goals are met and expenses are kept below target.
· Develop and prepare communications to keep site personnel and clinical operations informed of status, problems, achievements, etc.
· Conduct regular agenda driven meetings with staff to address issues, concerns, and to communicate corporate initiatives.
· Ensures sites are operating at full capacity and patients are scheduled to gain maximum efficiencies.
· Participates in quality improvement activities
· Manage clinical outcomes by ensuring application of best practices and Altus clinical training regarding patient care
· Mentor and direct operations to ensure the provision of high-quality service is consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws and organizational policy and procedure.
· Analyzes and trends incident reports looking for educational and improvement opportunities.
· Physician education regarding audit results including clinical and billing.
· Ensure employee and customer competency through the development, retention, and performance management of the clinical team.
· Clinical Director is responsible for providing any counseling/performance feedback in a timely manner and ensuring all feedback is in written format.
· Clinical Director is responsible for addressing any site performance issues or complaints within 24 hours of being notified (including reaching out to patient, MD or others as necessary to resolve the issue). Act as liaison with implementation team to ensure a smooth site opening.
· Will attend on-site implementation meeting and answer any clinical questions that may arise.
· Ensure site is ready for first patient once build out is completed.
· Proactively identify issues impacting patient care and/or site operations and work with other departments to resolve.
Administrative Duties (Assigned Clinical Team)
· Timesheet Management
· Resolution of payroll and expense issues
· Approve/Deny PTO Requests
· Track, Approve, Submit Expenses for Reimbursement
· Create and Submit Employee Change Forms, New Hire and Termination Checklist Forms
· Respond and Resolve DayForce Inquiries
Performs other duties as directed by supervisor
Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Qualifications Requirements To perform this job successfully, an employee must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable certain individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· RN diploma, Associate’s, or Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college of school of nursing.
· Minimum of 3 years of infusion experience (AIC, physician office infusion suite, oncology suite, home infusion preferred).
· Minimum 1 year of management experience or related experience.
· May require licensure in multiple states.
· Current licensure as a RN in appropriate state of practice.
· Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification required.
· Excellent critical thinking skills.
· Excellent IV skills
· Excellent Customer Service Skills
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Strong computer skills (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Physical Demands the physical demands listed below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Constant talking and hearing
· Constant walking and standing with sitting, kneeling and stooping
· Constant use of hands to fingers, handle of feel objects with the ability to reach with hand and arms
· Specific vision abilities to include close vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 25 pounds.
Work Environment the work environment characteristics listed below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Regularly exposed to outside weather conditions when traveling
· Moderate noise level