COVID-19 Precautions for Chronic Disease Patients
In these challenging times, Altus Infusion remains committed to providing support to chronic disease patients.
As our country continues to adapt to its reopening, it’s important for patients diagnosed with a chronic illness to stay vigilant and not let their guard down.
Chronic conditions, including Lupus, Crohn’s Disease, Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA), Ulcerative Colitis, and Asthma, require long-term care and a rigorous maintenance routine that must be adhered to.
The COVID-19 pandemic has disrupted all our lives and unfortunately, much more so for those living with a chronic condition who are at an increased risk of contracting the infection and developing complications.
Recommended Precautions for Chronic Disease Patients
Slowing the spread of COVID-19 is everyone’s responsibility.
The following precautions are not new, and most are already following them. However, they remain an effective way to protect yourself and others.
During these reopening stages, please continue to:
- Practice social distancing. Keep at least 6-feet apart from other people who don’t live with you.
- Continue to wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
- Wear a mask or other suitable face covering when out in public or in places where it’s difficult to maintain social distancing.
- Always cover sneezes and coughs with a tissue and dispose of it immediately. If you don’t have a disposable tissue at hand, cough or sneeze into your sleeve at the elbow fold.
- Avoid touching surfaces in public or high traffic areas.
- Don’t touch your eyes, mouth, or nose after touching public surfaces.
- Avoid unnecessary travel.
- If possible, utilize delivery services or ask a family member, friend or caregiver to help get food and other necessities for you rather than going out yourself.
- Continue to take your medication as prescribed and try your best not to miss your biologic infusion treatment sessions and other medical appointments.
- Ask everyone in your household, including any caregivers, to also to follow these guidelines.
In addition to taking care of your physical health, it’s vital to also care for your emotional and mental health. Self-isolation and social distancing can add stress to an already stressful situation, so do your best to stay connected with friends and family through electronic outlets such as social media and video conferencing.
Getting enough sleep, staying active, and eating a healthy diet can help bolster your immune system.
What Should You Do If You Have Concerns Regarding Your Chronic Condition?
If you have any concerns regarding your health or if you experience any new or worsening symptoms associated with your chronic illness, speak to your physician.
An open and honest relationship between patients and physicians is essential. Before visiting your doctor, call them to explain your concerns and symptoms and they can advise you on how to proceed.
You should never increase, decrease, or suspend your medication without first speaking with your physician, as this can have severe repercussions for your health.
Altus Infusion continues to work alongside specialists across the country to ensure the continuity of biologic infusion treatments for chronic disease patients.
Best In-Office Biologic Management Therapy Solutions.
At Altus Infusion, we help doctors provide more patients with access to Top Quality Health Solutions.
Altus Infusion offers quality biologic management therapy solutions. We are committed to improving access, quality, and affordability of care for all patients. Interested in a full-service biologic therapy solution? Contact us for information on how we can help you upgrade your patient experience today:
Join the Winning Team!
Looking for career opportunities in the healthcare industry? This is your chance to really make a difference. At Altus Infusion, we take pride in working with the finest professionals in the healthcare industry. Visit our Careers page for job listings and more information.
Altus Infusion. We Treat Each Patient Like Family
Disclaimer: The information provided on this blog is for informational purposes only. Any content regarding symptoms and possible treatment of illnesses is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease. Altus Infusion does not in any way guarantee or warrant the accuracy, completeness, or usefulness of the information published in its blog and will not be held responsible for the content of any blog publication.
You should always consult your primary care physician for specific medical advice.